Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bias values for the circuit shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowfish

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,

Can anyone tell me the exact bias values to be given for the circuit posted in the figure .

The bias inputs are

1.Bias1.

2.Bias2.

This is a charge pump circuit used in PLLs and DLLs.Also i require the model graph or model output results for the charge pump circuits.
68_1171002256.JPG

The bias voltage should be made the connected transistor to work in the saturation region

Hai pfd001,

Can you tell me precisely what value to give those inputs Bias1 and Bias2.What is technique or concept behind this to calculate the bias values.

Check this method, blowfish

Let's name that transistors in the stack from down to up as follows:
M0, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 and M6.

The overdrive (or effective) voltage is Vgs-Vth. The minimum drain-source voltage of a transistor working in saturation is the overdrive voltage so,

Vbias2-min = Veff0 + Veff1 + Vgs2 = Veff0 + Veff1 + Veff2 + Vth2
Vbias1-max = Vdd - Veff6 - Veff5 - Vsg4 = Vdd - Veff6 - Veff5 - Veff4 - |Vth4|

You have to design at first the overdrive voltages according to Id, gm and required swing.

Regards,
Wael

blowfish said:
Hai,

Can anyone tell me the exact bias values to be given for the circuit posted in the figure .

The bias inputs are

1.Bias1.

2.Bias2.

This is a charge pump circuit used in PLLs and DLLs.Also i require the model graph or model output results for the charge pump circuits.
68_1171002256.JPG
hi blowfish,
i think it is easy to bias the ckt,and we can use high swing cascold reference current source, which you can find in Gray's book.
good luck
jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back