Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BGR showing different results in DC AND Transient simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh_ch

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i simulated BGR in transient analysis and DC analysis ,results are different.Convergence Aids i defiened Node Set value ..

Node setting is cheating, and if your circuit requires cheating to work
in simulation you will be busted in the real world.

If your results are way off then suspect a startup problem. If slightly off,
suspect a floating or unrealistically high impedance node somewhere that
plays with the accuracy difference between tran and dc.

when i simulated BGR in transient analysis and DC analysis ,results are different.Convergence Aids i defiened Node Set value ..

Please consider that during dc analysis - in contrast to TRAN analyses - all reactive elements are disregarded (C=0, L=0).

a) startup during transient sims
b) set transient to conservative

With out any node set and initial condition ,Its giving the solution .. but dc and transients giving different values

So which one do you believe, or is that the question?

If your circuit has more one operating point, you might get different dc and transient.

I used independent current source to bias the the OPAMP ,so there is no startup issue..in transient simulation OPAMP is in linear ,but DC it is saturated..

Some bandgap structure will have three operating points.

It could mean that the startup circuit is leaking after the tran has settled, while it is shut off nicely in dc. Just one of the possible cases. Need more information

How about posting the schematic and netlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back