Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best compression algorythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoiu

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I think a very good compression algorythm will be something similary to DNA. Think at the dimensions of what comes in and what is out (after a while, of course). Have anyone thought at this?

What do you think of fractels, simple formula's but the outcome is very complex... you can see fractels everywhere in nature look at flowers etc..

Lots of people are working in this area but no person has made a compression algo that comes with a simple formula like a fractel.....

Paul.

I think the problem is that the DNA is only "decompressed".....maybe it's just an crazy idea..

On this line I may ask you guys if any of you knowas an open source zip/rar like compression utilities soft. with source code ...
thanx

wafer101 said:
On this line I may ask you guys if any of you knowas an open source zip/rar like compression utilities soft. with source code ...
thanx

There is ... look at google.com and type "zip LZ source code" you will find lots of links

paul.

What you suggest was the idea behind FRACTAL compression technics ..is basically a FORMULAE to produce a DATA ...

first it depend if you want a lossy (for picture for ex) compression or not

but i think that in all case Fractal is the best today but also the more complexe so it will required a very fast fast computer.

also compression algorithms can be symetrical (equally hard to compress as to uncompress) or asymetrical
and these also can be lossy or exact compression

Status
Not open for further replies.