Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beam shaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

parinaz_h

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I want to design an antenna array with phase only chang on elements.
first I consider the desired patern and next with the ifft-synthesis, I want to calculate each elements phase, but if I have the absolute of pattern the result of ifft is numbers whit phase and amplitude change for each element,
This is not accurate becuse I need phase chang only for my array.
how can I calculate elements phases whith ifft to have phase only change in result?
Thanks in advance

I did not try this method, but from my understanding in this iterative method you must do fft after ifft, update amplitude coefficients and continue with next ifft iteration.
Take a look at this paper: https://jpier.org/PIERM/pierm43/15.15072504.pdf
page 4, step 4: "Compute the updated excitation E0 for the adapted AF by using the K×K−pointdirect FFT. Extract the amplitude A and phase P of E0 by ...", and in step 5 you can set all amplitudes to 1.0, and repeat steps 2-5

If you know the array antenna pattern, the array shape and number of elements, doing ifft you can calculate the phase of each element., but not the amplitude. Shaping the amplitude of the elements is done mainly for reducing grating lobes, operation which will change also the main beam shape.
I think that to calculate the amplitude of each element you need to have calibration information of that array antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back