Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BBB no video output due to noise from power source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhanushka Jayaweera

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys,

I'm an undergrad in software engineering and I'm doing my final year project. I'm trying to power up a monitor and a Beaglebone Black from the car. I have used a 100W Inverter for the monitor and a LM2596 regulator for the BBB. And the LM2596 is a switch mode power regulator. Check diagram.

Untitled.png

But I don't get any video output. I've tried testing it several ways. From the results, it seems that there is no video output ONLY when both monitor and BBB are powered by the battery.

When I power the BBB from a 2A power supply[230V to 5V 2A] (Battery -> Inverter -> 2A Power supply) it works.
I think my 2A power supply has a transformer in it.
Check image for test cases.
prob.png

p.s: There is enough power from the inverter. There is enough power for BBB. Everything works when AT LEAST ONE OF the two (BBB and monitor) is powered from some other power source.

Is it possible that inverter is causing some noise in the battery which stops BBB from giving a video output?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.