Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery shutdown circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanuel Akujobi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please i need a detailed explaination on the shutdown part of this circuit below,any one can help me please.
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/I%20am%20rich/power_inverter_op_enlarged.gif

I think people will find it difficult to access files on your computer!

Keith

What I think happened here, is that the original poster wanted to attach an image, but copied the directory path directly into the message, instead of using the "Manage Attachments" button.

**broken link removed**
please i need a detailed explaination on the shutdown part of this circuit above,any one can help me please.thanks

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.simplecircuitsandprojects.com/images/circuits/power_inverter_op.gif
please i need a detailed explaination on the shutdown part of this circuit above,any one can help me please.thanks

The first opamp is a voltage comparator, and has a zener diode as a reference. The trip voltage is adjusted with the potentiometer.
The second opamp acts as a latch, thanks to the positive feedback from the diode. It latches at logical "1", disabling the PWM modulator.
To release the latch, you push on the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.