Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bass booster circuit using suitable commonly available ic for 8 ohms speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three circuits in the middle with bass, mid and treble controls that use an opamp and the circuit from Red Circuits are good tone control circuits.
The circuits without the opamp are no good.

The three circuits in the middle with bass, mid and treble controls that use an opamp and the circuit from Red Circuits are good tone control circuits.
The circuits without the opamp are no good.

hmm i was thinking so . . . well are all that op amp circuit able to boost up bass or say low frequency of the original signal ?

The circuits boost or cut bass, mid and treble sounds. They have enough maximum boost to overdrive most amplifiers.

The circuits boost or cut bass, mid and treble sounds. They have enough maximum boost to overdrive most amplifiers.

okk then for all op amps as i didn't get any TL series so now i am begining with 4558 . . is that ok or any change in that case ?

No change, you can use the same circuits.

No change, you can use the same circuits.

hmm well then let me proceed with that first . . actually i didn't get any proper circuit diagram for 4458 audio amp so a lil.bit afraid of any malfunction

hmm well then let me proceed with that first . . actually i didn't get any proper circuit diagram for 4458 audio amp so a lil.bit afraid of any malfunction
You were talking about a 4558 dual opamp before. It can be used in the tone controls circuit.

FVBRX3DGY65QG9K.LARGE.jpg
hope it will help you..........

The TDA1524A tone controls IC is obsolete and is not made anymore.
It could not drive modern low impedance earphones because it was spec'd with a load 4700 ohms or higher.
Its maximum distortion was fairly high so it was not hi-fi.
It never had a "mid" tone control.

View attachment 100066
hope it will help you..........

thanks sandeep for this diagram but basically we have to design here low mid & high freq. with a simple configuration which can carry pre out from sound cards , usb players etc etc etc so we too have to design a less power driving unit . . :)

Oh, oh. "We have to design here" sounds like homework in school for a few people.

What is "a less power driving unit"? A golf cart?

Oh, oh. "We have to design here" sounds like homework in school for a few people.

What is "a less power driving unit"? A golf cart?

i mean working with power from battery

- - - Updated - - -

hmm too actually we have to design means for the proper execution of aim we have to go that way

We have been talking about tone controls. What will you use for a stereo power amplifier? How much power? How big is the battery?

word salad
My wife makes a yummy salad with many ingredients like that.

- - - Updated - - -

word salad

There is an Engrish website in Greece where some members say, "execution of aim" which might mean "making plans".

- - - Updated - - -

There is an Engrish website in Greece where some members say, "execution of aim" which might mean "making plans".

exactly making plans make a match for me , cause what i am planning you may get it on a diffrent post of mine , rest i ll tell after "EXECUTION"

again i am here for humanity & peace where biggest issue is cost,comapctibility & availablity

think once again please with a diffrent view

i am doing very diffrent thing . . .

what ? ll tell after all my EXECUTIONS

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) please its a request to help me in the purpose of sake of humanity & peace :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

We have been talking about tone controls. What will you use for a stereo power amplifier? How much power? How big is the battery?

naa actually sandeep shown a complete circuit with a pre amp containing bass treble balance etc controls & too you explan that "It could not drive modern low impedance earphones & too It never had a "mid" tone control."
so i said that we have to make only a simple circuit for bass mid high controls for a pre audio out , no matter from where the output we are getting . .

secondly as i am designing a handy usb player with a 6v or 12 v battery , i need to design a low power consuming circuits
& sir i am close to my aim . .

matter is i need a battery with 1 or 2 amp & a high mAH & hope may be it would work . .

- - - Updated - - -

word salad

here word salad means ? :p

With a 6V battery then the output power into an 8 ohm speaker or 16 ohm earphones is low. Simple arithmetic shows that the maximum output power will be about 0.2W per channel (as shown on a graph in the datasheet for the LM386 power amplifier IC) and a stereo amplifier will use total power from the battery of 0.8W. Then the maximum current for the stereo power amplifier is 0.8W/6V= 133mA. The battery current for the preamp will be about 5mA so the total maximum current from the battery will be only 138mA, not 1000mA and not 2000mA. Music or speech is not played at full blast continuously so the average current from the battery will be maybe 28mA.

"Word Salad" means that your English is poor. I don't know why you ..... never mind.

"Word Salad" means that your English is poor. I don't know why you ..... never mind.
Not exactly. Poor English is normal on this forum. However the chunk of text I quoted is completely meaningless no matter how you parse it.

Not exactly. Poor English is normal on this forum. However the chunk of text I quoted is completely meaningless no matter how you parse it.

okk okk :D :D :D let me clear all . .

i was explaining sandeep (from my country) , we generally use short cuts & short term writing for sms & msgs. :p

& in the line

"hmm too actually we have to design means for the proper execution of aim we have to go that way"

means

hmm , actually "we have to design" means we have to design a compact circuit for proper execution of my aim & here aim means not a plan against anyone , here aim means the topic heading actually & sandeep got it already what i said . .

in terms of sms

an example is . .

suppose a line
ok then take care see you good night sweet dreams

we write in short as
"k den tc c u gn sd"

:)

so the line was for sandeep where i explained SALAD :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

- - - Updated - - -

With a 6V battery then the output power into an 8 ohm speaker or 16 ohm earphones is low. Simple arithmetic shows that the maximum output power will be about 0.2W per channel (as shown on a graph in the datasheet for the LM386 power amplifier IC) and a stereo amplifier will use total power from the battery of 0.8W. Then the maximum current for the stereo power amplifier is 0.8W/6V= 133mA. The battery current for the preamp will be about 5mA so the total maximum current from the battery will be only 138mA, not 1000mA and not 2000mA. Music or speech is not played at full blast continuously so the average current from the battery will be maybe 28mA.

hmm i see , i ve to go mathmatically through these . . then only i can proceed in future for such issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back