Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basics about microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaswat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As a newbie in the field of embedded I want to know that how these controllers are different. I sounds name like AVR, PIC ,8051 based controller. How these are different to each other?? All these are work on the same plateform or other??

As a newbie in the field of embedded I want to know that how these controllers are different. I sounds name like AVR, PIC ,8051 based controller. How these are different to each other?? All these are work on the same plateform or other??

of course they are different in architecture, but they are working in the similar manner, all the microcontroller has its own advantage and falls,

i hope u are familiar in architecture, the handling of registers , and it names are different, all the microcontroller needs a hex file(instruction set) to execute.

we are giving our requirements in the form of c , c++ language as instruction to that,

Microcontroller is as you probably know the brain to ur system(embedded system) The basic differences would be different registers and how many bit registers?(8-bit or 16 -bit).The architecture and the pin configuration would be different.The processing speed for the instructions (C,C++) would vary.The inbuilt peripherals and protocols that each controller supports would vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.