Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

base station rf amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsi15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i am presently workig on my WiFi project for its practical implementation. So i am facing a real problem in selecting an amplifier for my base station as it should TX and RX simultaneously.......Is this possible for......as the amplifiers available in the market is bi-directional and is half duplex......But i was thinking of using a full duplex amplifier.....So please guide me as if it is possible or i shud otherwise be then using a two amplifiers on my base station for TX and RX....The amp that i have searched for my use is given in the doc...so please find the file attached here with.....and let me know that by using only a single of it at my base station ,wud it be able to send and recieve at the same time or otherwise i have to use two seperate amplifiers for tX and RX,,,,,
..PLEASE HELP ME OUT
THANX TO ALL

It depends on the up link and down link frequency.
If these frequencies are same then half duplex is OK and can be managed by single port as mentioned. full duplex will not possible in this case.

To have full duplex on single up and down link frequency you need to have two ports and they should be sufficiently isolated other wise you will find the loop feedback and need to have some cancellation techniques in both analog and may be in digital domain if the cancellation in analog domain is poor.

You can have full duplex on a single port if up and down link are different and they are far separated such that the duplexers can give sufficient isolation for TX and RX path.

arsi15

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hey thanx buddy......but i was wondering that if my uplink and down link lets say is the same frequency range, then would it be possible for this amplifier to work simultaneously to receive and transmit. I mean as it is a half duplex so it cant receive and transmit at the same time, so how is it possible to use it with a single port simultaneously for receiving and transmitting,........please let me know exactly that would it be possible to use this amplifier for a single antenna for base station purposes, as if this amp can be used as TX and RX at the same time for base station purposes. with the same frequencies for uplink and downlink.
thanx

Its impossible, the reason is practically there will be reflections at the connector, any small reflection will lead in to oscillation as the loop is closed.
You have to have two ports with sufficient isolation and/ or any echo cancellation technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.