Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Bascom programming for avr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I've got a question about the process in bascom programming.
I am a new in bascom and I just started using it. Can you please tell me what do I have to do firstly.
I wrote a code, i compiled it and i wrote to flash, but the text didnt showed up on my LCD. Does anyone know what did i do wrong.
Code is correct and i seted the right chip, programmator. Settings are OK. Im not sure whats wrong.
Im using atmega8.

Regards!

first check a simple program to blink an LED. If it works the problem is with your LCD connections.
If you are a first time LCD user, try varying the intensity controller potentiometer connected to LCD. hope this helps.

also don't forget that you can simulate your code at BASCOM (i called it the best compiler forever ) . if you code simulated and OK then you must double check your hardware

can you post the code i have atmega8 development board so i can check or you can check first in Proteus before real connection

Hi
have you checked connections between microcontroller and LCD? would you please send your written code to check? thanks

thank you all.
I did a mistake in a configuration.
I wrote a new code and it is working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.