Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandwidth in a truncated corner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

roderick81

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a truncated corner antenna with only one feed and circularly polarized in HFSS. But i haven't got good good bandwidth and the VSWR isn´t in the same frecuency exacticly. I've heard i can improve the bandwidth using a biger thickness or increasing the dielectric constant value, is it true?
I haven't found a theoretical explanation yet.
Somebody hekp me.

thanks in advance

How do you define your good bandwidth?
For microstrip 20 to 30 MHz is a great bandwidth.So you can look for the attached paper.It resonates at 911 and BW of 23 MHz.

Added after 1 minutes:

I am sorry
The paper is attached at the link

The post by me and the name is "half of soln.pdf"

roderick81 said:
I'm designing a truncated corner antenna with only one feed and circularly polarized in HFSS. But i haven't got good good bandwidth and the VSWR isn´t in the same frecuency exacticly. I've heard i can improve the bandwidth using a biger thickness or increasing the dielectric constant value, is it true?
I haven't found a theoretical explanation yet.
Somebody hekp me.

thanks in advance

Yes true (both of them ) but if bandwidth still is not enough, try to use slotted versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back