Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandgap refernce design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock176

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!

I am using gpdk180nm CMOS lib for designing BGR circuit. I have designed the circuit using current mirror. But to improve this circuit I am using op-amp. I need to know what type of op-amp should I use for getting 1.12 V const ref voltage for temp range -40 to 125?

What should be the gain, BW, PSRR, CMRR of the oPamp? Should i use PMOS inputs or NMOS input opamp. Please help me designing the opamp for this library or send me the design screenshot.

Please guide me!

Hi,

All this depends on your circuit. You should give at least your example circuit.
* Supply voltage?
* output current? source only? or sink too?

gain: How much gain do you need? What is the input voltage? I estimate it should be a unity gain buffer, am I right?
BW: For me a reference voltage could be considered to be DC. Now it depends on the load current frequency, specified load capacitance .. and how much output voltage error is allowed?
PSRR: What powersupply fluctuation do you expect?.. and how much output voltage error is allowed?
CMRR: Does the common mode voltage fluctuate? I don´t think so.
PMOS/NMOS: I´m no expert, but i think this depends on common mode input voltage.

Klaus

Supply voltage i am taking is 1.8V and ICMR for nmos inputs is 0.8V to 1.6V and for PMOS inputs 0.1V to 0.9V

Hi,

still don´t know what your input voltage is..

and for PMOS inputs 0.1V to 0.9V
I assume it is 1.12V, then it is not in the range for PMOS. So use NMOS.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back