Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Axial Ratio Optimization in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annemarie

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to optimize the Axial Ratio value of a microstrip patch antenna with truncated corners, by varying the dimension of the cuts.
So, I've simulated the initial structure, at 30GHz, and I've checked the axial ratio value from the Navigation Tree (under the 30GHz farfield folder). Then, I've created a post-processing template to show me the Axial Ratio, at 30 GHz, from the farfield results. The settings that I've used are illustrated in Figure 1 (attached). The max gain is at Theta=-40 and Phi=0.
After that, I've used the optimizer, to set up a goal, in which the axial ratio template (which I've set up in the previous step) is< 3dB, at 30GHz, and I've, obviously, selected the parameter that needs to be optimised.
What puzzled me was that the optimiser found the best value of the cut, for which the axial ratio was 5.9361dB, then the parameter in the parameter list has been updated with the best value found by the optimizer. However, the Axial Ratio values from the Navigation Tree (both under the Farfield Folder and 1D Results) are not the same as the value that the optimizer found (under the Info tab -'best goal function value'). I am not sure what I am doing wrong, have you ever come across to something like this?

Many Thanks,
Ana

Attachments

• Figure 1.PNG
    Figure 1.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 160
  • Figure 2.PNG
    Figure 2.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Figure 3.PNG
    Figure 3.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 153