Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] AWR NXP Simulation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahruz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am relatively new to Cadence AWR and would like your help in my question.
So, I downloaded the design files of a LDMOS transistor from NXP(https://www.nxp.com/products/radio-...ideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:AFT05MS004N)

1. I imported the S_Para files into AWR's "data file" and was trying to simulate the IV Curve as shown below:
1654864184459.png

But despite doing that, the IV Curve is not what I expected.

2. Another questions is:
I downloaded the AFT05MS004N RF High-Power Model AWR Product Model Design Kit from the same URL above.
Similar to the first question; after I execute the following steps: 'new with library' --> browse for the library and install it as shown below:
1654864514840.png

When I use the component from the elements--> library; i get a 6 port sub-circuit instead of a 3 port(like a normal transistor).I am not sure on how to make the connection on this to obtain the correct IV curve. Also, why can I not see the transistor symbol instead of box?
Lastly, even if do connect some of the terminals; Awr shows an error
10:37:41 PM FSL_AFT05MS004N_Level1_Rev0_SPmodel_FET2.X1 : Element record not found for nonlinear model 'FSL_AFT05MS004N_Level1_Rev0_SPmodel_FET2.X1' component 'FSLRFPK_FET2'

1654864463731.png

It will be greatly appreciated to see the forums response.

Thanks,

S-parameters are not used in IV Curves. You should place nonlinear models.
--- Updated ---

Download ;
then Download;

Create Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\AWR\Foundry\Freescale
Extract 2 files into this new directory.
After that Copy /merge
C:\Program Files (x86)\AWR\Foundry\Freescale\RF_POWER_AWR_DESIGNKIT_AWRE_V13\NXP\Common
directory into ( there should be another Common Directory )
C:\Program Files (x86)\AWR\Foundry\Freescale
--- Updated ---

1654886332735.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahruz

bassa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Big Boss,

Thank you for your answer.
After following it, it worked for it.

Thanks,

Status