Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avoid Building a Divider. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesalem

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any simple circuitry that could be designed to output a rate per minute based on a time in seconds obtained by a clock. Obviously I am searching for simpler circuitry than using a devider (60sec/time).

May be dividers are one of the simpler circuits.
It can be implemented on a uC like a 68ch908QT4 , wich has 8 pins an has an internal oscilator.

I was hoping for a small trick of some sort. Maybe using the clock signal to determine the time between two triggered points and some how without a devider give me the rate per minute.

Hello,
You could use an eprom to convert number of clock pulses between trigger points to pulse rate.
If you don't need it digital, you coud integrate incoming trigger pulses and get an analog indication of rate.
Hope this helps

I think that you are using your clock (seconds) as a reference to generate pulses at a given rate per minute. So, to mantain the reference precision , you have to derive the output from it. One way is using the reference to clock a state machine.(divider).

May be you could use some analog methods, for example: clock signal could control a current source, which is applied to a capacitor, this way voltage capacitor increases linearly, then with a comparator you can discharge the capacitor a generate the minute rate pulse.

But I am a digital FAN, with a uC you get more precision.

Hello there..

You don't you run your clock wave to a conter, and use some ttl logic gfates to reach the value 1 when you get the sdesired value of count.

Seems to me is simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back