Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Autodesk buys Cadsoft....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Mills

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Looks like Autodesk (Autocad, Maya, all that stuff) have just purchased Cadsoft (Eagle) from Farnell.

Makes sense as Farnell themselves have just changed hands.

Discuss...

Regards, Dan.

This could be interesting, I'll ask the Autodesk crew downstairs if they have heard anything.
I don't expect to see much change or panic in the ECAD market from the main Vendors (Cadence, Zuken, Mentor, Altium) as it would need some serious work to bring it into the full blown pro PCB layout market. It will be interesting to see if we get a PCB add-on to Autocad (or even Inventor, I am lucky I have the FULL Autodesk suite of software as well as a all the Cadstar tools).
See what press releases come out....

Will also be interesting to see what kind of license changes come about due to this. Autodesk has recently been granting a lot of access to really good software (Fusion 360, etc) to hobbyists at no charge. I know we already have a freeware license for Eagle, but it would be nice if they removed a few more restrictions like the board size and schematic page count limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back