Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto offset and gain adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomecma

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
people,
I`m trying to design a circuit, to convert any signal, from 0,5Vpp to 30Vpp and a offset from 0V to 5V for example, and convert this signal to 0 to 3V. In resume I wanna do a universal signal reader, at first only with a fixed bandwith, for example 0 to 10KHz. I wanna do this only with analog circuit, and I have the 3V voltage reference and a power supply at least of the same value of my input signal, for example 12V or 24V DC supply from trucks and cars. The main problem is identify the signal minimal value for example in a simple sine wave (the maximum is easy using a peak detector). I think in compare the input signal with a reference, for example 0.2V, and below of this value the circuit stop to reduce the offset to bring signal "zero" to this level and I need to control the gain to put signals with peak below of 3V to this value, is it the other problem, how control the gain using only voltages, from error measuring circuits... using a e2pot I can control the gain more easy, but I not want use microcontrollers ...

obs: the signal has to have at least 0,5Vpp (senoidal of square wave) not DC. For DC signals the state of the output is not important.

thks for any suggestions ....

leomecma

Status
Not open for further replies.