Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio signal generation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiwi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I've an old PC USB speakers , and i want to generate an audio signal to be used in a RF transmitter ,
can i cut the jack wire and apply it directly to the circuit , or i need to connect a capacitor ?

The speakers jack wire has two colors yellow and white , does it matter which one to use as plus or minus ?

thanks

I think there is need to adapt output level signals to such signal that it can be connected to transmitter input. Because the speaker level signals are in range of volts , quite much attenuation is needed to match the signal levels. Need to test the colors of the wires(only two possibilities ), no rules related to the used colors. :grin:

Try this way:

Attachments

• connect.GIF
    connect.GIF
    8.1 KB · Views: 69

I think, you are trying to use this computer speaker as a microphone for RF transmitter, right? You can't use directly, because it may have some electronics components between speaker and output wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.