Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier. Which class should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the inductor , recharged the capacitor , when mosfet is off ! it prevented from damages and then recovered the energy into the capacitor !

So you mean when MOSFET is off then capacitor will recharge and store energy in it.

When MOSFET is on then capacitor will discharge and lose stored energy?

- - - Updated - - -

Who is freelancer? I heard this word many times.

So you mean when MOSFET is off then capacitor will recharge and store energy in it.
Yes of course that inductor will di it !
By the way , did you know an inductor can remove the ripple of current and a capacitor can remove the ripple of voltage ?
And about freelancer, it means a person who don't have any boss he/she will receive projects from companies to do , a freelancer is , his / her own boss .

By the way , did you know an inductor can remove the ripple of current

No, I don't know this. You told me this first time. It was not in my knowledge but now I know this.

a capacitor can remove the ripple of voltage ?

Yes I know this.

And about freelancer, it means a person who don't have any boss he/she will receive projects from companies to do , a freelancer is , his / her own boss .

OK. So this is the definition of a freelancer. So you make projects without anyone help?
How you do this?

No, I don't know this. You told me this first time. It was not in my knowledge but now I know this.
Do you know any thing about Inertia or linear density ?

OK. So this is the definition of a freelancer. So you make projects without anyone help?
How you do this?
I have many books and many friends entire of this world . i will ask them when i have any problem . but most of the times i don't have any problems in my projects because they are the same together !

- - - Updated - - -

And don't forget that thinking is your best guider ! and mistakes too . i have learned many things from my mistakes . a friend of mine told me : make mistakes if you don't make mistakes you won't learn . he is a pretty expert engineer .

Do you know any thing about Inertia or linear density ?

Yes Inertia is the property of the object due to which the object retains its position either it is of rest or motion. Right?
And, linear density is mass per unit length. Right?

BTW: Sir I also want to be a freelancer like you. Any suggestion that I should or should not be a freelancer at this time or any other suggestion?

Shayaan , suppose that you have an inductor in series with your load ( suppose that you have a sine wave and then a rectifier and then an inductor and a load resistor and then a capacitor . when your current want go down ( current ripple ) the inductor will do an action against it it will try to keep that current ( by increasing or decreasing the voltage ) . and vice versa ! ( when the current want go up , it won't allow it ! )
It means that , that inductor in our circuit has two benefit . at on time it will filter the current and will smooth it and at off time it will recharge the capacitor ( it will occupy it with charge ) . you understand ?

BTW: Sir I also want to be a freelancer like you. Any suggestion that I should or should not be a freelancer at this time or any other suggestion?
Try to learn more and more and learn from your mistakes too . don't allow to the mistakes that disappoint you ! just learn from them !

at on time it will filter the current and will smooth it and at off time it will recharge the capacitor ( it will occupy it with charge ) . you understand ?

At on time, it will filter the current means it will remove ripple from in it. And discharge the capacitor.
At off time, it will recharge the capacitor.

Is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for suggestion. I will act upon it by now.

So will capacitor will not discharge at any time?

This is confusing me.

if you have not any load , no ! but we will use an RL in parallel with capacitor . ( the load will put across the capacitor ) . ok ?

Sir do you have another way to teach me about the action of inductor and capacitor?

When inductor current rises then it will try to low it, what will be the situation with capacitor now?

When inductor current decreases then it will try to maintain and not allow to decrease it, what will be the situation with capacitor now?

I am getting approx whole circuit without the these to.

See below , please :
SMPS.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry , the green path should be reversed !

OK now I understand it. Now my understanding than before is better now.

Congratulations !
So , do you know what this circuit called ? ( a mosfet and an average taker and a square wave across the GS to provide on / off state )

As it has the on/off states. so it should be something like switched mode ..

Surely it is a switch mode converter but it has a name . this circuit called Buck Regulation . can you search on the net for it ? , show me one of the results .

Here is the link that I found something useful.

**broken link removed**

But I have question. When I was searching on the internet about "Buck Regulation" or "Switched mode converter" then I found the term "Step down buck converter".
Will explain it?

Does this mean our circuit is also a step down buck converter as it is preventing high voltage?

Oops , buck regulator not buck regulator !
Yes it is step down , it means it can't increase the input voltage it just can decrease it . and of course regulate it . So , now i'm a bit tired and need a bit sleeping because today was a hard day for me , i'll
comeback soon , and i will teach you how to design a practical circuit of a buck converter ( for example you have 50 volts unregulated voltage , and you need 40 volts 20A regulated voltage . ok ? see you later .
Good morning .and see good dreams .

- - - Updated - - -

By the way , think on this issue , until i come back : why the voltage across the out put inductor is AC ? an AC square wave !!!!! . try to find a reason for it .

OK sir. Thanks for today. Good morning. Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

And good luck for tomorrow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back