Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier. Which class should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at first you should ask my question in latest post . recall : how a diode does work? suppose that you are going through the street and a young boy , ( a student ) will ask you how can i use a diode and what is the duty of a diode . what you will say ? will you say i don't know or perhaps you know some things to describe ? show me ! i have a reason to ask it .

The duty of the diode is to rectify.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I can't say here that diode here is known as a free-wheeling diode. So therefore when anyone ask me about the duty of the diode. Then I will say it recitifies the signal. Isn't it?

Hi shayaan
I came back again !
What do you mean by rectification process ? let me simplify your act ! each diode will conduct in one direction , just one direction ! so , it means when you have connected a 1n4007 diode , and you have both directions across the resistor , your diode doesn't work , correctly !!!!! when you have connected a 1n4148 it worked , more agreeably . it is strange , ok ?? but let me tell you the reason of this action !
Did you know that each PN junction has an internally capacitor ? if yes do you know the reason ? if no i can describe it !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

What do you mean by rectification process ?

A diode acts as a rectifier. Isn't it?

let me simplify your act ! each diode will conduct in one direction , just one direction ! so , it means when you have connected a 1n4007 diode , and you have both directions across the resistor , your diode doesn't work , correctly

Sir, I was thinking that how can I am getting both cycles across load resistor. I was sure there is some mistake in the circuit. Because I know that a diode conducts only in one direction. So it should be off when a negative cycle appears. Am I right sir?

when you have connected a 1n4148 it worked , more agreeably . it is strange , ok ??

When I used D1n4148 then I saw some spikes. While the output of the D1n4007 was just like the input.
I am unable to understand this, why is it so?

Did you know that each PN junction has an internally capacitor ? if yes do you know the reason ? if no i can describe it !

I know its name, I think you are asking for junction capacitance. Right?
But really, I don't know how to describe it, why should we consider it, what is the response of it to the high or low frequency. I am blank from these.

Hi again shayaan and good night !
A diode acts as a rectifier. Isn't it?
Certainly it is correct .
Sir, I was thinking that how can I am getting both cycles across load resistor. I was sure there is some mistake in the circuit. Because I know that a diode conducts only in one direction. So it should be off when a negative cycle appears. Am I right sir?
Of course it is correct but your circuit has not any mistake !
When I used D1n4148 then I saw some spikes. While the output of the D1n4007 was just like the input.
I am unable to understand this, why is it so?
Can you reshow me the result with 1n4148 and with ability of seeing some cycles ?
I know its name, I think you are asking for junction capacitance. Right?
But really, I don't know how to describe it, why should we consider it, what is the response of it to the high or low frequency. I am blank from these.
What is your definition by a capacitor ? do you know how we can make a capacitor ? what we will need ?

Good Night sir !

Can you reshow me the result with 1n4148 and with ability of seeing some cycles ?

It is a simulation with 10us.
Capture.JPG

What is your definition by a capacitor ? do you know how we can make a capacitor ? what we will need ?

Capacitor is a charge storing device. In order to make a capacitor, we need a dielectric medium and two electrodes.

About overshoots and spikes that you can see : as you can see those are just overshoots and spikes . and negative cycle removed ( approximately ) . it's result is better than 1n4007 !

we need a dielectric medium and two electrodes.
In a PN junction we will have two half conductor in both sides ( P and N ) . and a region without any conduction between them that called barrier . isn't it alike with a capacitor ? a dielectric between P and N !

- - - Updated - - -

About overshoots and spikes that you can see : as you can see those are just overshoots and spikes . and negative cycle removed ( approximately ) . it's result is better than 1n4007 !

we need a dielectric medium and two electrodes.
In a PN junction we will have two half conductor in both sides ( P and N ) . and a region without any conduction between them that called barrier . isn't it alike with a capacitor ? a dielectric between P and N !

Yes, it is better than 1n4007 as it has not -ve cycle. But sir it has spikes in the -ve portion, what about these spikes?

Yes sir, I can visualize it. It is like a capacitor.

what about these spikes?
I will tell you about this , but it is not for this time , be patience !

And about capacitors ! so , as you probably know each capacitor is short circuit instead of high frequencies ( AC waves ) ( it's XC will become low ) . so , when you have used 1n4007 because it's capacitance is high , the out put was AC ( high value of capacitance will given low value of XC at 1MHZ ) . and when you have used 1n4148 because it's capacitance is lower than 1n4007 the out put was nearby our desired thing ! you understand ?

Yes I understand this. But I have question.

high value of capacitance will given low value of XC at 1MHZ

If I decrease frequency from 1MHz for 1n4007 then will it show just positive cycle?

If I decrease frequency from 1MHz for 1n4007 then will it show just positive cycle?
Surely yes . why you don't test it ? test it with 500 HZ and show me the result .

Why the polarity of out put voltage is reversed ? how is the configuration of your diode ? remove those items in your simulations ! (numbers of voltage and current . ) ( in main page ) . and why 10 usec ? your period is around 2ms why 10 sec ????

and why 10 usec ? your period is around 2ms why 10 sec ????

You mean I should edit my simulation profile and change "run to time" to 2ms?

Capture.JPG

Yes. With 8ms I am able to see some cycles.

Capture.JPG

But how do you know that at 8ms, cycle could be seen? How would I know this?

As you can see the action of 1n4007 is better than past ! ( in one MHZ ) .
And about how to select maximum size of simulation ( end time ) . when your period is 4 usec , if you set your end time around 8 usec thus it will show you two cycles . if you st it for 12 usec it will show you 3 cycles . you understand ?

- - - Updated - - -

And another thing : now i should go and take a bit rest ! because today was not a good day for me and it was a bit boring , ( i just designed many PCBs in a day ! hence i'm pretty tired . so lets continue our description tomorrow . until tomorrow , good bye . and good morning ! . and see good dreams .
Goldsmith :wink:

OK sir I understood.

And yes it is better than 1MHz.

- - - Updated - - -

OK sir,

Good morning you too.

Hi shayaan
After three days i came back again .
I was talking about diode , so , now there is an important parameter that you should know , that called recovery reverse time or Trr . did you hear about this ? if yes can you tell me what you know about this parameter ? if no , can you search about it ? if yes , show me the what you can understand from Trr in searching .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello sir!

Welcome again and much glad to see you.

I don't know what is Trr. I never heard about this.

I searched it here, but it is still not clear to me.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back