Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier using LM386

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilgod

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frnds, i want to make an audio amplifier. I bought a lm386ic too. but when i searched ckt diagrams mostly using electrolytic capacitor that i dont have...I only have 10uf and 100uf elect capacitor so can anybody provide some other ckt which use these capacitors...or any other like ceramic ones..

The 386 is among the most popular ICs to use for a low power audio amp. It was designed to be easy to use.

The datasheet specifies a large capacitor at the output when you use a single supply. This is so DC will be blocked, but bass frequencies will be carried adequately.

You can still get output if you install your 100uF. However the bass won't be quite as strong as it would be with a 1000 uF.

Your 10uF will work at the other spot where a smaller value is specified in the schematic.

Sounds like you could use an assortment of capacitors to put in your projects. Electronic parts are cheaper if you go the mail order route instead of the local Radio Shack.

Recently I ordered computer grade capacitors from the CAP King. I couldn't believe his low prices. Shipping is free. (If you live in the US that is. For international customers he adds $5.)

Compare that to the ridiculous shipping charges for a tiny order that any other mail order house will tack on.

Link:

Computer Capacitors

so can anyone provide simple ckt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back