Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmega8 is not detected by AVRDUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivakumar_tumma

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I tried a simple program in the Atmega8 board for flashing LED. Initially , when I programmed, the internal clock of 1MHz was used. The LED was flashing.

Then I changed to 2MHz,4MHz and 8MHz. The speed at which LED blinking was fast.

Then I wanted to try with external crystal. But the crystal I used was 12MHz (I thought over clocking may work here). When I flashed the fused using AVRDUDE, nothing happened. So, I disconnected and powered up the board. Now also , the LED was not blinking. Now when I connect the AVRDUDE programmer, the device is not detected which was happening previously. Now, I am not able to erase the fuse settings as device is not detected by AVRDUDE.

Can anyone suggest, how to come out of this situation ?

Regards,
Siva.

hi siva,
can you please tell me the part no. of avr. Is it Atmega8 or 8L. If you connect a 4 or 8 mhz external crystal could solve your problem. There are two version of mega8 avr, the difference is maximum frequency supported by them. Or try JTAG parallel port programmer in case you have disabled the spi by mistake.
Kindly refer the datasheet.

Hope the serial programming is disabled by mistake in your previous programming attempt. Thus the device is not detected in a programmer with serial programming interface. To detect or erase the chip, you need a High voltage parellel programmer. Cheers

please refer to this post h**p://

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back