Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEGA48-20PU test programfor 13 km tread mill Model TRC5001(2B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack2040

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i Have a dead gym tread mill unit i suspect the ic ATMEGA48-20PU is faulty
or needs to be re programed supply is ok crystal 20MHZ is ok
i am new with this
there is one sticker sayimg Model number TRC5001(2B)-DOACO (B46V/42V)
on the unit .IC has a sticker 48-N15 DOACO-000886FDI-13KM if i remove the sticker there is ATMEGA48-20PU 28 pin ic .
I have very little knowledge about this .
Can you help me to fix it .

You can't do much things with the chip since you need the program to replace the chip assuming it has a problem, and you probably can't read it from another chip either because the chips are usually locked.
You can only check the power supply of the chip, maybe the crystal (if it uses an external one) and any peripheral connected to is that may be providing wrong info (any sensor connected to it).

Alex

THankyou SIR but do you know any similar program with can make it work .is there any way to unlock working chip to copy the backup

The program is designed for the specific model, I don't think you will be able to find or use any generic program for your machine.
And you can't unlock the chip either, it can only be done with expensive machines that open the actual chip device and do some hardware change.
I don't know if you have an unlocked chip but I doubt it.
I suppose that the chip drives some kind of power unit to drive the motors, this part or the motors are probably more sensitive than the mcu, did you check the rest of the circuit?

Alex

How to know protected ic frimware is ok with a programmer

I think you are able to rear the internal fuses to check if the lockbits have been set or not.
There are two type of programmers, the serial ones and the parallel.
The serial interface can be disabled with a fuse and then only the parallel programmer can communicate with the chip,
I don't know if the serial interface has been disabled in your chip.

A simple serial programmer is AVR Programmer
and a parallel programmer PonyProg - Serial device programmer

Alex

Unless the system is subject to high EMI's or high volatges, or your PCB has any burning marks or any componenets have blasted off, 99% the firmware chip never fails. There may be some other HW defect on the PCB. Try detecting it before you blame the frimware.

there is no burn mark s on pcb and the supply is ok as it was not in use for some months .
there is 20mhz crystal two PC817 opto isloators for panel control ok i will try to get the picture of the board sorry its not so clear

Attachments

• DSC00397.JPG
    DSC00397.JPG
    798.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00398.JPG
    DSC00398.JPG
    760.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.