Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega 8 to drive mosfet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.t_1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey.. i am kinda new to this embedded buisness. so i am building this h bridge dc motor controller with pwm. i have used atmega 8. the program is working like its should be. i have tested my ckt with led and i can increase.decrease the brightness of the led and change pulse coming from one port to another.. now my question is here...

i need to drive the hbridge... i got IRF630N ... i know the microcontroller gate pulse isnt enough to to drive the mosfet switches. i want to use uln2003. but i dont understand if this will be enough.. or if i need to use two uln2003 in cascade.. furthermore.. what do i do with the common gnd port.. and why doesnt uln2003 need any biasing?

thanks .. plz help me my project is due on the 20th

According to the datasheet one uln2003 is enough.

Read the datasheet before proceeding.

Nandhu

e.t_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks bro.. u have no idea how much i appreciate your help :) thank you once again

Status
Not open for further replies.