Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega 328 simulation using proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am having arduino uno evaluation board & arduino software now i want to simulate atmega 328 with proteus.

how to generate hex code for arduino is there any tool avaliable for that.

is it possible to use keil for this application.

please help.....

to find the generated hex file, go to C:\\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp...just use the search option *.*hex..

- - - Updated - - -

to find the generated hex file, go to C:\\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp...just use the search option *.*hex..

Inside Arduino software go to file->preferences and then select the check box of "show verbose output during: compilation "
now you will see the .hex file's path inside black window at bottom of software.
secondly no need to place ATmega 328 in proteus download the libraries i've attached.. extract it and paste it in to
"C:\Program Files\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 7 Professional\LIBRARY"
now you can place arduino board in proteus directly.:p

- - - Updated - - -

is it possible to use keil for this application.

no keil will not work.

Attachments

• Proteus Arduino Li.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 391

Inside Arduino software go to file->preferences and then select the check box of "show verbose output during: compilation "
now you will see the .hex file's path inside black window at bottom of software.
secondly no need to place ATmega 328 in proteus download the libraries i've attached.. extract it and paste it in to
"C:\Program Files\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 7 Professional\LIBRARY"
now you can place arduino board in proteus directly.:p

- - - Updated - - -

For to get Arduino board in the Proteus Components List, I copied the Arduino.idx and Arduino.lib as suggested but it says Fatal Error !

proteus_ArduinoLIB.png

Kindly help on this.

Attachments

• proteus_ArduinoLIB.png
    proteus_ArduinoLIB.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 185

If I understand correctly it says that the library has been designed for a newer version of proteus, you need to update of find an older version of the library if available

I am using Proteus v7.1 SP4 and the Arduino library files attached above in #4 message of this thread.
How should I get to know the compatibility ?
i.e. with which Proteus version these Arduino library files will work ?

Last edited:

I am sorry but none of these links helped. Everywhere I am getting the same Arduino.lib and Arduino.idx files and the problem persists.

Kindly suggest a way to simulate arduino in Proteus.

Both experts have suggested the solution so, no need to say anything now. :wink: update the proteus version as suggested. or
you can place ATmega 328p directly from controllers and then browse the hex file,
now you will see the .hex file's path inside black window at bottom of software. copy that hex file's path and paste that in controller you just placed in proteus. this worked for me when i was not aware about arduino library for proteus. HOPE this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.