Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89CX051 Model for Proteus need

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89cx051

The thread had been posted and deleted originally from Microcontrollers Design Section. I posted again here, as this section seems proper for all simulation issues.

To install properly the model you have to:

1. unrar the AT89C2051.rar file in a temp directory.
2. Copy the file AT89C2051.MDF in Proteus MODELS dir
3. Copy the file AT89C2051.LIB in Proteus LIBRARY dir
4. Copy the file AT89C2051.pdf in Proteus DATA dir. It's the datasheet which one can call pushing on DATA button in Edit Component Dialog.
5. The files AT89C2051_TEST.DSN and LedBlink.hex are nothing else that simple test.

The model has been created for Proteus 6.2 SP2 and tested for Proteus 6.2 SP3 and SP4 as well.

The version 1.1 of current model has been fixed to prevent the system hang up when tested estensively using EX0 and EX1 interrupts.

The AT89C2051.rar is not password protected.

datasheet at89cx051

Model for AT89C4051 microcontroller.
To install properly the same above procedure may be followed.

As above said, this model also in the previous version had a problem with interrupts. It has been fixed.

Obviously either AT89C2051 or AT89C4051 internal comparator has been modeled. Futher checks going to be perfomed to test this additional feature.

Again the AT89C4051.rar is not password protected.

metalink 2051

Ok. Lets go on to this business again. :wink:

In this compilation has been included the fixed AT89CX051 models and library and a full test circuit I have found on ATMEL web pages, described on ATMEL original document doc0524.pdf.

I used this application to fix internal comparator and makes it working in every condition. A new property {COMPARATOR} has been included in both AT89CX051 models to Enable/Disable for the internal comparator feature.

ATMEL application shows how to get a simple 8-bit ADC converter, single ramp RC integrator. The firmware (from ATMEL) is written in assembler and use a main body program and a table used as lookup table. The lookup table linearizes for RC non linear Charge/Discharge cycle.

Before try ADC.DSN proteus application, replace previous model/library of AT89CX051 micros. All above said is in the file attached here.

add at89c2051 to proteus

HI JAMES

Here is some test stuff for your nice models just to join the party hope
this will help full to explore the hole feature of the chip

at89c4051 proteus

Thanks for contribution.

Just some remarks of mine:

1. the application timer in the previous post, still uses the old AT89C4051 schematic library. So, to fully appreciate the effects of new {COMPARATOR} property, the user should upgrade them using FULL_ISSUE.rar compilation before. Then one can open Timer.DSN in Proteus and click over Pick Device button. Select from library AT89C4051 device and click twice to update all the component instances into the drawing. Finally save Timer.DSN to have it upgraded.

2. In Timer.DSN application, the maker has used as for reset pulldown resistor a digital resistor model. This is the right way to use reset input, otherwise reset will never works. This is true also for any 8051 core supplied with proteus.

3. However, it maybe useful to try how {COMPARATOR} property will affects on simulation. In order to this, select AT89C4051 component (right mouse click) and open the Edit Component with left mouse click. The Enable Comparator property should be on "No" value. Select "Yes" and close Edit Component. You will see that push button S1 and S2 have not effect anymore. This is because the internal comparator support has been enabled, so no digital stimulus will be accepted anymore. This is a normal behaviour, due to some compromise I had to use to make model working when either digital or analogue features are required. It shouldn't affect the usability of model, as it's unusual both features at the same time to be required in normal applications.

4. Related to the item 3, one will see that for pin P1.0 and P1.1 (12, 13) the Logic State indicators (small red square) are not available. This is again a normal behaviour, because of twice identity of these pins; digital and analogue pins. Again, this will not affects on simulation itself and digital signals (provided that Enable Comparator property has "No" value) can be traced, for instance, with LOGIC ANALYZER measuring tool.

datasheet at89cx051 pdf

Hi James

Thanks for the appreciation and clearing the some point of the model, here is the LCD test for your model now I think that all aspect of the model is covered well.
So this upload contains the test for LCD and also mod def file for those used meta-link compiler.

value not found proteus

This new release, the version 1.4, solves a couple of issues for both AT89C2051 and AT89C4051. Furher a new micro of the same family, the AT89C1051, has been included.

Issues solved:

1. Fatal Error:
"[U1_U1_ADC#0007] Node U1_VDD not found whilst binding pin V+ of U1_U1_ADC#0007!". This problem may happens using CMOS in your drawings using older 2051 and 4051 models. Fixed.

2. Warning Errors :
"Warning: [U1_#P] SPICE failed to connect pin V+!"
"Warning: [U1_#P] SPICE failed to connect pin V-!"

3. Now all micros take place into a single library named AT89CX051.LIB

No further issues raised at moment.

AT89C1051 - new micro has been created. The differences between 2051 and 4051 are listed below:

64 x 8 internal static RAM
1024 Byte of Code Memory.

INSTALLATION NOTE:

1. Unrar the file AT89CX051_V14.RAR in a temp directory
2. Copy all files from DATA, LIBRARY and MODELS into the respectives directories of Proteus.
3. The directory JIGS contains test jigs files for all models.

COMPATIBILITY WITH OLDER VERSIONS

Drawings using older versions must be upgraded to made them working.
However this is an easy job to be made. Follow the few points as below:

1. Push on Pick Device button.
2. Select library and click twice on device you want upgrade in your drawing.
3. Answer OK to Update all instances of device you selected.
4. Save your drawing.

That's it !

Enjoy

pick device proteus

james said:
This new release, the version 1.4, solves a couple of issues for both AT89C2051 and AT89C4051. Furher a new micro of the same family, the AT89C1051, has been included.

Issues solved:

1. Fatal Error:
"[U1_U1_ADC#0007] Node U1_VDD not found whilst binding pin V+ of U1_U1_ADC#0007!". This problem may happens using CMOS in your drawings using older 2051 and 4051 models. Fixed.

2. Warning Errors :

3. Now all micros take place into a single library named AT89CX051.LIB

No further issues raised at moment.

AT89C1051 - new micro has been created. The differences between 2051 and 4051 are listed below:

64 x 8 internal static RAM
1024 Byte of Code Memory.

INSTALLATION NOTE:

1. Unrar the file AT89CX051_V14.RAR in a temp directory
2. Copy all files from DATA, LIBRARY and MODELS into the respectives directories of Proteus.
3. The directory JIGS contains test jigs files for all models.

COMPATIBILITY WITH OLDER VERSIONS

Drawings using older versions must be upgraded to made them working.
However this is an easy job to be made. Follow the few points as below:

1. Push on Pick Device button.
2. Select library and click twice on device you want upgrade in your drawing.
3. Answer OK to Update all instances of device you selected.
4. Save your drawing.

That's it !

Enjoy

hi james

there is stiil problem with your latest release altough i updated the disgn with your latest mdf file and lib also getting this error old is working fine for me

adc proteus

DESCRIPTION:

The application is a little device to switch things off if the ambient temperature rises above a definable level.

It displays the ambient temperature on a 2 digit display, and also sends the temperature down the serial link once a minute for a computer to log or monitor. All critical temperatures and time delays are settable.

The reading has an operating temperature range of 0 degrees to 62 degC.

In order to simulate the temperature sensor I have used a simple potentiometer ranging between the same voltage values that sensor usually does.

The conversion method uses a similar technique explained in the ATMEL document posted previously. It does makes a massive use of interrupts on serial port and timer 0, so well fits as an example of great tutorial value. For this reason this project comes with all keil source files.

This nice application was not created totally by me. I have adapted the code, written originally for HI-TECH compiler from the original author, and recreated from scratch the includes files in order to be working for Keil compiler. As well as I have modified a bit the circuit and arranged it in proteus.

In the file AT89C2051_TEMP.RAR you will find the original pub in .htm format issued by original author.

NOTE: Application requires that new version of AT89CX051 is necessarly installed or replace the older one. The new version has been posted a couple posts above.The file to be download is AT89CX051_V14.rar

The message in log window:
Added GEARTH resistor for net V+.
Added GEARTH resistor for net V-.

are not warnings and is a normal Proteus feature !

james

THIS APPLICATION COMES "AS IT IS". NOT PARTICULAR EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO SHOW ITS FUNCTIONALITY IN ALL CONDITIONS.
ALL ORIGINAL DRAWINGS AND BASIC IDEA IS AN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR. NO RIGHTS TO USE THIS DRAWINGS IS MADE POSSIBLE WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION BY ABOVE OWNER, EXCEPT THAT FOR TUTORIAL PURPOSES FOR WHICH IT HAS PUBLICATED ORIGINALLY BY AUTHOR AND MODIFIED AND PUBLICATED BY JAMES.

cmos 4051 schema work

Old version attachments have been deleted from here. Only version 1.4 has left.

at89c2051.rar

Please help I need urgent the model AT89CX051 but, I dont have points. Somebody can send me in email attachment at: zolizoli77@yahoo.com, Thanks

89c2051 proteus update library

ı try to make a 0-99 counter with 8051 and 8255 in isis. but there is a warning:"spice failed to connect pin v+!". it is about 8255. ı hope this attechmant can solve my proglem. many thanks...

proteus back into an old version indir

I dont have points. Somebody can send me AT89CX051_V14.rar in email attachment at: scliem2003(at)yahoo.com, Thanks

proteus push buton

i have v 7.2 ,, dose it support it
:!::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back