Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT commands for sending message and to the given recipient.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilaljaved

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody!
I am doing a project which will take a mobile number from a keypad and save in the on-chip memory of micro-controller that is being initialized,my question is that which AT commands are to be used that send the message to the given recipient,your help will be very much useful for me in any sense.
Thank you.

Hi pal,
For Sending text messages,
1. Type AT+CMGS="Recipient No"
2.Then press enter, you will get this symbol ">"
3. Type your message there then press ctrl+Z to send your message.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

at

OK
at+cmgs="8695822601"

> Hi
+CMGS: 139

OK

+CREG: 1,"01BC","358F"

+CGREG: 1,"01BC","358F"

ok,as i said that the user have to enter a number from keypad so every number will be unique and when a user enters his number it is saved in 11 digits memory,numbers are to be picked from here,what will u suggest about it e shade???

Hi bilaljaved,
Sorry, may i know in which type memory you have to save and retreive the information!!!

@ckshivaram: Hi Boss, do there any standard or rationale for the term "11 digit memory storage"

No there is no standard if you store in controller flash... you can do it by storing in a array..

If you use external flash like eeprom then you should follow I2c Protocol standards.....

ok fine boss. let bilaljaved post his need.

@ckshivaram: Hi Boss, do there any standard or rationale for the term "11 digit memory storage"

no there is not but i have written a loop for it by moving some value in pointer register well can u people answer my question please !!!!

i really did not understand your question... if you have problem then post the code here so that someone will help you.......
Ok sir sure why not thats an good idea i will surely do it soon,thank you!

i really did not understand your question... if you have problem then post the code here so that someone will help you.......

sir this is my another code that uses AT command to call,please check it and spot out my mistake thank you.....
i don't knw what is the problem in this dialing AT command???
ORG 00H

START: MOV SP,#0A0H ;THE SIZE OF STACK MEMORY IS SELECTED
MOV TMOD,#20H ;TIMER1 MODE 2 SELECTED
MOV TH1,#-3 ;9600 BAUD RATE
MOV SCON,#50H ;8 BIT DATA ONE STOP BIT
SETB TR1 ;START TIMER1

MOV DPTR,#CALL
AGAIN:
CLR A
MOVC A,@A+DPTR
INC DPTR
JZ SKIP
ACALL SEND

SJMP AGAIN ;WAIT UNTILL ALL CHARACTERS OF CMD ARE MOVED TO ACC.

SEND:
MOV SBUF,A ;DATA MOVED TO SBUFF FOR TRANSMISSION
JNB TI,$

CLR TI
RET

CALL: DB "ATD03139791313;",13,10,0

SKIP: CALL DELAY
CALL DELAY
CALL DELAY
CALL DELAY
CALL DELAY
CALL DELAY

SJMP START

DELAY: MOV R7,#10 ; 200ms DELAY (Quater second delay both for cutter and wireless transmission)
REPEAT1: MOV R6,#249
REPEAT2: MOV R5,#200

DJNZ R5,$
DJNZ R6,REPEAT2
DJNZ R7,REPEAT1
RET

how can you use " CALL: DB "ATD03139791313;",13,10,0 " instruction
in your program CALL is a keyword, did this program not give your error??????????????????

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

even if you replace the CALL: with any other variable name....

the ATD command is getting called infinetely , so how can modem execute a repeated command so fast...

so instead of sjmp start , use sjmp $ and try to execute the program...

how can you use " CALL: DB "ATD03139791313;",13,10,0 " instruction
in your program CALL is a keyword, did this program not give your error??????????????????

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

even if you replace the CALL: with any other variable name....

the ATD command is getting called infinetely , so how can modem execute a repeated command so fast...

so instead of sjmp start , use sjmp $ and try to execute the program...

it means that the syntax of AT command is right that i wrote???
no it did'nt gave any error,more over u told me that instead of sjmp starti should have written sjmp $,i have tried it but no results!!!
can there be a hardware problem sir????

post your circuit.... connect board to pc and power on ... check what message comes on terminal.... does it read atdxxxxxxxx or not.... it confirms that controller and code are working.... then test modem with terminal and confirm its working for atd command...

then use the same cable to connect modem and controller and test it....

post your circuit.... connect board to pc and power on ... check what message comes on terminal.... does it read atdxxxxxxxx or not.... it confirms that controller and code are working.... then test modem with terminal and confirm its working for atd command...

then use the same cable to connect modem and controller and test it....

sir this is my circuit.i want to ask the following few things;
(1).i have only connected the TXD pin of controller and not RXD,as i am only making a call,does it makes any difference if i don't connect RXD of controller???
(2).also am using RJ-45 connector instead of RS-232 connector,does it make any difference???
(3).am using the buses of mobile that are behind the battery for transmissiondoes it leads to any unfunctionality???
THANK YOU............

Status
Not open for further replies.