Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Async v.s. Sync RAM and SBSRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I notice that the difference with Asynchronous and Synchronous is Synchronous
RAM is more faster? But why not all produce Synchronous RAM?

And what's SBSRAM's "Burst" mean? Is the data rate burst?
What's difference with common SRAM and SBSRAM?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Best regards,
Davy

Hello,

Good inference,

1.) Generally Synchronous devices runs faster than asynchorous devices because as the adjective implies synchronous means all things or events happen all at once.

In case for your RAM, synchrounous RAM has all its data transffered at once in just once tick of the clock while the asynchronous RAM has its data transffered in more than one tick of the clock. This is because the Asynchronous RAM data is divided into group so that it will went through the data bus. For example a 64 - bit wide asynchronous RAM has less than 64 bus lines. Most probably, 32 bus lines is available for your asynchronous RAM. The Main reason for this is economics. Sometimes, Bus lines are more expensive than Chips.

2.) SBRAMs - I am new to these devices

HI all
i think this artical of mine finds more wealth for all the people having doubts in RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back