Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Astable Multivibrator Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Small things hurt a lot...

A simple multivibrator using 555 timer IC giving me unstable clock pulses. Some one please explain me why it is?

RA & RB values are 750\[\Omega\]

Capacitor value is 1nF

The frequency is toggling between 300KHz to 750KHz. I have even used a diode between discharge and trigger(threshold) pin.

Those are quite low values and they will sink significant current, they may be making the supply unstable.

Try increasing the resistor values and adjust the timing capacitor to restore the frequency you want. Also add a capacitor to ground from pin 5 and make sure you have suitable capacitors across the supply pins.

Brian.

Small things hurt a lot...

A simple multivibrator using 555 timer IC giving me unstable clock pulses. Some one please explain me why it is?

RA & RB values are 750\[\Omega\]

Capacitor value is 1nF

The frequency is toggling between 300KHz to 750KHz. I have even used a diode between discharge and trigger(threshold) pin.
The NE555 (transistorized) max frequency is 100KHz. The cmos version can oscillate at max 500KHz.

Thanks for the help guys. solved by replacing with higher value of resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back