Not open for further replies.

pokemonstation

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura qrc

Hello, I am having trouble running Assura RCX. I am currently using Cadence Virtuoso 6.1.3 with IBM PDK cmos10lpe (65nm). I ran Assura LVS on a simple inverter cell and it has no probem passing LVS check (I ran DRC on the same inverter with Synopsys Hercules because the IBM PDK that I am using does not provide a rule set for Assura DRC).
Then I tried to run Assura RCX by selecting "Assura -> Run RCX" from the Virtuoso Layout Editor menu. For some unknown reason, it causes Cadence to crash. Here is a part of the log file

I am especially puzzled by the warning "*WARNING* No tech dir found for tech name NONE" because I did specify the technology in Assura -> Setup -> RCX Setup or something like that. I definitely had specified the technology when I ran LVS earlier.

I have another question regarding Cadence QRC. Is this part of Assura instalation? I couldn't find anything that resembles QRC in the Software Download page. The IBM PDK that I am using supports QRC, but I couldn't find it in the Assura menu from the Virtuoso Layout Editor menu.

Thanks in advance

*warning* no tech dir found for tech name none

"No technology directory found" is a known problem with IBM kits using QRC/RCX extraction. DRC and LVS will run smoothly, but QRC/RCX don't find the tech data.

\o Assura RCX Run: Loading Technology Data. Standby...

First of all, your PDK should be loading QRC, not RCX. To do this, do the following:

1. in your startup script, set QRC_ENABLE_EXTRACTION="t"

2. in your path, make sure EXT comes before ASSURA.

Then launch QRC by Assura->Run RCX... and you will get the following:

To setup QRC you need to set the Technology Directory to /<path_to_pdk>/Assura/QRC/<metallization_stack>, and in the Extraction tab set Reference node to /gnd!. I'm not sure but you can try setting RSF File to /QRC/<stack>/LVSinclude.rsf. For extracting L and K you need to specifiy the User Region field and whichever metals you want to extract L and K for.

If you're a mosis customer, try support@mosis.com or join **broken link removed**

Hope this helps.

assura rcx no technology directory found

Yes I second oermens comments as I also had the same problem and the setup suggested by oermens is the only way.

run cadence qrc

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide IBM PDK, I can install at my site and help you to resolve this problem.
Please mail it to hoizal@yahoo.com

Thanks,
hoizal

cadence qrc

This IBM PDK problem also bothers me from time to time. Thanks for providing such a solution....

Status
Not open for further replies.