Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASSURA LVS problem for TSMC 0.18um

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_Semi

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura_tech.lib

Hi ALL,

I am a novice user for the TSMC 0.18um design kit. When I try to make LVS, I receive an error of unbound devices !!

I got that the ASSURA can't understand the schematic, so I want to know which format we should deliver our netlist to the ASSURA, is it cdl or dfII.

If there are certain steps to be done before doing the LVS, can anyone tell them to me.

Thanks in advance

assura lvs

What tools you are used for schematic capture and layout?

tsmc egypt

I am using the cadence tools.

Can anyone help me, plz. :cry:

tsmc drc rule file

If you use cadence for schematic and layout. It should be OK. Are you sure your env for Assura is right? what's the error message for Assura? you can type "env" in your terminal to get the env of you workstation.

0.18um technology in tsmc drc

alanphydenics said:
If you use cadence for schematic and layout. It should be OK. Are you sure your env for Assura is right? what's the error message for Assura? you can type "env" in your terminal to get the env of you workstation.

I only have one env for ASSURA which is ASSURAHOME, is there any env else ??

assura lvs without schematic

Also there is an env "AssuraPath" which includes the ASSURAHOME/tools/bin, ASSURAHOME/tools/dfII/bin. I can not remember it clearly, you can check it on Software Problems, Hints and Reviews forum. If you type "which assura" in terminal then get the assura path, and your layout editor window has assura menu, your env for assura should be OK. There is a technology file which set up assura DRC, LVS rules. Your design kit should has this file. read it carefully, set up the right path and rule file when you run LVS.

tsmc io lvs

The DRC is working well, so I think that the problem is not in the env variables of ASSURA, but the problem is that when I try to mae LVS the error of unbound devices appear and the run is stopped.
I think that there is some configuration should be done to link the schematic and the layout views.

tsmc 0.18 rules file drc

Have you done check & save for your schematic. If you do some editing in the schematic and if dont do check & save. The assura wont run LVS.

Also check the needed rule files (for ext & cmp) are there in the assura_tech lib.

Hope it helps..

regds,
Sunny

0.18um drc rule

There is a same problem for me!

0.18um electronic device

Check out the total devices placed in schematic are equal with layout devices. It gives the device name also which is not matched. Check out for that divice in logfile.
For example you placed nmos1v in schematic and you placed nmos2v in layout.
It gives error message as follows
The layout device "nmos2v" is unbound to any schematic device.

Thank you.

assura tsmc setup

Hi,
please help me regarding datasheet for tsmc 0.18um for IO buffer design.
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back