Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assura LVS error: evice DION_L130E in layout is unbound to any schematic device

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbhupendra

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One more error.

device DION_L130E in layout is unbound to any schematic device.

and there is no diode in design. then from where this diode is coming.

thanks

lvs without io pad

Did you include the IO pad when doing the LVS? If yes, that could be the origin of the error.

assura nwell diode

Yes we have included IO pads. Then what is the remedy for this error. because untill assura not bind schematic and layout it won't proceed to compare LVS.

io pad parasitic diode

If you include the IO pad in the layout. You have to include the IO subcircuit in the schematic also. Otherwise, LVS can't be clean usually.

assura lvs io

There is parasitic diode on the layout because of some active region and/or n-well region and therefore Assura marks it as an error when it checks
it. Or ESD pad has a diode which is not mentioned in schematic or something like...

unbound pad lvs

I have included the IO pad subckt. If parasitic is forming then what is the solution ? Or how could we find out where the diode is forming because it doesnot tell about the position.

Re: assura lvs error

Did you check that the subckt instance is correctly called?
-> Check at the ***.tre output file generated by Assura. It contain the list of the used subckt circuits (*** is your job name)

Another thing to check is that the diode in the subckt is correctly binded.
-> Look at you your bind.rul file. You should have something like :
c diode(DIO) DN(DIO)
for example.
Now in you IO subckt check the type of the diode. For the process I use (TSMC) it's: DN
So I needed to add the following line to the bind.rul
c DN(DIO) DN(DIO)
With that I got rid of the unbound error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back