Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

associate the IP address to hostname(server name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am building client server application using VC++,i want to enable the client to connect the server application by typing the server name (not IP), can any one tell me how to connect using the server name ( the IP is dynamic).
( afriend told me that i can do this by using the "hash table" what are ur opinions about that?
any hints or similar cases would be useful.

Regards

If the server IP is dynamic, you can register free on dyndns - at www.dyndns.com. On the server you need to run an application that updates periodically the IP.
You refer to the server by the address <server_name>.dyndns.com , just like any web address and this will translate to the actual IP.
Dyndns has many domain names you can choose from
https://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/domains.html, and it's free for minimal functionality like what you need.

i am developing the server and client applications for intranet not for the internet.
thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back