Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

assigning nets to shapes on different layers without vias in Allegro PCB editor 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

theHermes

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am a newbie in PCB design and I am presently working on my first PCB design which is a capacitive sensor.

I am drawing a 6 layered PCB and on the top layer I have all my components placed and routed completely.

On the bottom routing layer, I need to make use of a net that I connected in the top layer for sensing.

So, I created a shape on my bottom routing layer and assigned the net that I needed for sensing. I did not have any DRC errors and it looks good. But, this approach looks strange as I did not use vias to connect the net from top to bottom layer. Is this technique wrong?

To explain in greater detail,
Lets say I have a net Input1 connected between pins 1 and 4 of an IC.

Input1 is actually a sensor electrode which is on the bottom part of the sensor electrode and so I created a shape on the bottom layer and assigned net Input1 to this shape.

Hoping to receive a reply soon.

Thanks
theHermes

your shap that not connected to any pin on that Net will counted as isolated Shapes you can check it by show the Drowing Option and you can check it/s location and delete it by select delete island. "isolated Shapes"

Please replay to me for any more info.

@above,
Ya true, it showed isolated shapes in my DRC report. I have now found a way to solve it by using vias. Thanks for the reply:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back