Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly language Programming.... 8086 microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msabeel

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all... I am taking a course on 8086 microprocessor and assembly language programming. It's something quite new for me. At the end of the semester, we have to do a mini project. Can anyone suggest me any project idea that would be easy to implement. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

That largely depends on how complex the project is required to be.
Surely, whoever is teaching the course has showed you some examples of past projects?

Yes he has... one of them is the RPM.
Digital RPM (Revolution per Minute) meter is used to measure the number of revolution completed in one minute. This simple project is composed of microcontroller “89C52”, LCD screen along with “9 volts” of supply. This meter counts the RPM of a fixed DC motor connected with it. An LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is used to read the RPM of the DC motor.
Another was controlling the seven segment display with a microcontroller........though i'm not clear about that.

A good project would then be, for example a digital fan RPM controller - assuming the microcontroller you have is capable of using PWM, you could make a small fan controller that would use PWM to regulate the RPM (measuring it with a RPM counter).

That's not too complicated to make, an LCD, a few buttons to use for selecting the desired RPM, etc....

For 8086 you are using PC or development Kit, if you are using PC you have to make a I/O card for your Project in/Out requirments

For 8086 you are using PC or development Kit, if you are using PC you have to make a I/O card for your Project in/Out requirments

We are not told that yet.

Since this is my first ever project, I have few questions in my mind..............
1. What is really meant by a project? Is it just making something new, or modifying/improving an existing project?
2. What are the general steps for doing a project?
3. How is the code written in a programming language implemented in the hardware?

I want to do some project that would be related to communications and that i could work on later for my final year project. Thank you all for kind help.

Status
Not open for further replies.