Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

assembly code with pic16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.

Im Adamant, and I need help writing a code in Assembly Language.....I am stuck using the MPLAB Ide for my code writing....and im not very good at it.

I need some help on a code that will send info from a 360 degree potentiometer to the pic, and from the pic to an LCD. My LCD is a 4x20, and it has its "own" commands. I dont know how to incorporate these commands to use them in assembler.

I'm trying to display directions, on the LCD, such as North, South, East, West. And im using a 360 degree pot. As my pot changes resistance values when it turns, I want the display on the LCD to show the direction, N, S, E, or West.

I have a serial LCD.

Any ideas?

thank you for reading!

u can use a ADC to Read the exact Position of the Pot
for the LCD there some routine that you can use

Cortex said:
u can use a ADC to Read the exact Position of the Pot
for the LCD there some routine that you can use

i think there is an analog to digital converter on this PIC (i'm just beginning this project)
any routines, any methods of assembly code would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

hello,

i can provide a code example for 16F76
this will need some modifications for your 877, but it souldnt be too much effort.
you can get at least some idea.

this test project was for a 16x2 chracter LCD.

Adamant

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for that Donkey41. You helped me. I clicked the "points" button for you, forgive my ignorance, im still learning how this board operates, with the points and all.

this is for the 16f84
u can see how to communicate with LCD 16*2

Adamant

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
can i also have the examples.. i'm having problems communicating with lcd.. thanx...

Status
Not open for further replies.