Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly code for sending text file for PIC16f877??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganavel9783

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys...

I'm trying to send and receive the same text file using Hyperterminal between PC and PIC16f877. Attached is the circuit i'm using to connect the Max232 chip n PIC16f877. The settings i'm using for hyperteminal are: 2400 bits per second, 8 data bits, none parity & none flow control.

My question are:

1) Is the attached circuit correct? (is it nececcary to tie pin 1, 4 & 6 for RS232)

2) Does any1 has the assembly code to implement the task of sending & receiving the text file?

3) If i wish to change the crytal to 20Mhz, which value should i put for bits per second?

need advice thanks...

I think your schematics is OK, but I don't remember the pin numbers exactly, this night, in my house, I will see if pins are correct.

In the datasheet of the uc you can see the formula to calculate the baud rate, and a table with some standard values and errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back