Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dielectric constant of copper

hi,

i am using copper to be the electrodes.

i wonder, what's the relative dielectric constant of copper?
are they the same in X-direction and Y-direction?

besides,

what's the electro-optic coefficient of copper?

thank you very much for ur help!!!

dielectric constant copper

You might want to take a look the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" for this information. Otherwise browse here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper

Copper is not much of an insulator so I don't know what its dielectric constant would be. When I think of dielectrics I think of materials used in capacitors for example, like X5R and X7R.

Best regards,
v_c

copper dielectric constant

As far as i know, dielectrics r insulators and they r either molecular or ionic solid where charge separation is possible. In band model, dielectrics r solids with negligible concentration of conduction electrons or holes( and with a wide band gap). Since in a metal like Cu, the VB and the CB overlap, a polarization, that is required for the dielectric behaviour is difficult (because of charge leakage). So, Cu must be a conductor (offcourse!!).

Any metal is anisotropic, different physical, electronic, magnatic propery in indifferent crystallographic plane and/or crystallographic dirrection. Then what do u mean by X & Y dirrection. If u mean crystallographic dirrection, i would say yes,its propoerty is diff in X & Y. But, if u cut a ractangular piece of Cu from a lump of Cu-ingot, then i would say no, U'll not find much difference in property in X & Y dirr of this block.

Said that, i would reccomend u to check if u can find the dielectric prop of Cu.

Hope u'll get some clue for 1st part of ur question.

For 2nd part check in a handbook.

relative dielectric constant of copper

Copper Catalyst 6.0 - 6.2

Copper Oleate (68° F) 2.8

Copper Oxide 18.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…