Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asking some property of copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourcherry

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dielectric constant of copper

hi,

i am using copper to be the electrodes.

i wonder, what's the relative dielectric constant of copper?
are they the same in X-direction and Y-direction?

besides,

what's the electro-optic coefficient of copper?

thank you very much for ur help!!!

dielectric constant copper

You might want to take a look the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" for this information. Otherwise browse here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper

Copper is not much of an insulator so I don't know what its dielectric constant would be. When I think of dielectrics I think of materials used in capacitors for example, like X5R and X7R.

Best regards,
v_c

copper dielectric constant

sourcherry said:
hi,

i am using copper to be the electrodes.

i wonder, what's the relative dielectric constant of copper?
are they the same in X-direction and Y-direction?

besides,

what's the electro-optic coefficient of copper?

thank you very much for ur help!!!

As far as i know, dielectrics r insulators and they r either molecular or ionic solid where charge separation is possible. In band model, dielectrics r solids with negligible concentration of conduction electrons or holes( and with a wide band gap). Since in a metal like Cu, the VB and the CB overlap, a polarization, that is required for the dielectric behaviour is difficult (because of charge leakage). So, Cu must be a conductor (offcourse!!).

Any metal is anisotropic, different physical, electronic, magnatic propery in indifferent crystallographic plane and/or crystallographic dirrection. Then what do u mean by X & Y dirrection. If u mean crystallographic dirrection, i would say yes,its propoerty is diff in X & Y. But, if u cut a ractangular piece of Cu from a lump of Cu-ingot, then i would say no, U'll not find much difference in property in X & Y dirr of this block.

Said that, i would reccomend u to check if u can find the dielectric prop of Cu.

Hope u'll get some clue for 1st part of ur question.

For 2nd part check in a handbook.

relative dielectric constant of copper

Copper Catalyst 6.0 - 6.2

Copper Oleate (68° F) 2.8

Copper Oxide 18.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back