Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask some questions about power supply test

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I am a new master graduate and will have an interview in a power supply company. The position is production test engineer. I am just wondering
(1) If there is anybody here can tell me some good forum or internet community I can visit for some information about power supply production test
(2) If there is someone can give me some guidance (suggestion or some document) in the power supply testing, I will appreciate for that very much.
(3) I have a question in testing. If we want to test the voltage change of 0.1V when it is very big, for example, 900V, which instrument or tool should we use to do that?

Thank you so much!

Production testing of power supplies generally involve:
Setpoint accuracy
Load and line regulation
Output noise and ripple
HI-POT
Possibly ground continuity

There may be other tests, depending on the actual design, such as overload/ overvoltage limiting, brownout detection, etc.

bhl777

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.