Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM micro-controller with with more than 500MS/s ADC, 10bit + Evaluation board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongo024

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am looking for a arm micro-controller that has 10-bit 500MS/s ADC or more.

If it comes with a evaluation board that would be great.

If anyone knows about such board, please let me know. It is very urgent for my research.

Thanks.

As far as I'm aware, there are no microcontrollers with an embedded ADC module capable of 500MS/s @ 10-bits, at least none I've come across.

The NXP LPC4370 with a 80MS/s @ 12-bits is the highest speed ADC offered as an embedded module on microcontroller is the fastest I've come across.

You will most likely need to incorporate a external ADC with those specifications and select an appropriate ARM which can drive it.

Most ADCs with those sampling rates above 200MS/s utilize the LVDS or LVPECL interface, are 8-bit or 12-bit and are a BGA package variant, they also tend to be in the $100 to $200 USD range for 1k quantities. However, there are a few with the SPI interface, 10-bit and a Quad package variant.

You might take a look at the Texas Instruments website, they seem to offer one of the larger selections of high speed ADCs.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.