Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arm+dsp,please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzh08

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fft arm9

i need a arm with dsp,please help me!
and if use arm9 to FFT,yes or no?

Hi

Look at ti site for OMAP processor

w*w.ti.com

All the best

Bobi

arm9 is a type of ARMv5TE, which include dsp instructions. It can do FFT(I think even no dsp instructions FFT also can be done though very slow). What you should study carfully is if it meet your application, not if it can do FFT. Doing FFT ARM even with dsp instructions can not compared to DSP chips like TI320C6000.

I don't think ARM9 can do FFT efficiently, it's DSP instructions are limited, so the better choice is TI's OMAP chip, you let DSP to do the computation, and ARM to do the controlling.

hi

I belive the ARM9 is good enough to do a FFT .The TI OMAP Kits and S/w tools are pretty expensive
I general FFT can be even implemented in any GPP when u have a simple algorithm which does FFT with a descent variance with a standard FFT results ( from matlab).
pls figure-out a simple FFT algorithm. As far as i know radix4 FFT is better to implement . the complexity comes in the butterfly design . you must be able to design a general butterfly macro which can acess the twiddles two memory regions( real and imag part) and do a radix4 process with the sampled signal form a circular buffer.

u must read a lot before u start and test u r algo and optimize it with MATLAB or similar tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back