Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are there any visual C++ to VHDL converter out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyceane

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c to vhdl converter

thats free or have shareware for like 30 days, I am doing my lab and its really getting annoying since the program doesn't really work. its about a 4x4 matrix multiply by another 4x4 matrix using memory. I did it without memory but the assignment for memory is just too wierd.

I was wondering if there are any C++ converters =-/

c++ to vhdl

you can search systemc in google.com

c to hdl converter

I think this link might be useful to you.
**broken link removed**

Also, you ca download the trial version from that link and play around with the tool.

visualc 2 hdl

Nyceane,

You can’t throw in a bulk C code and be oblivious of being synthesizing hardware and expect to obtain good results. To describe hardware in C, a subset of C will remain perfectly valid. However, bear in mind that you’ll have to learn how to model hardware-intimate issues such as concurrency. Thus in software/hardware co-design, the question will be and I quote “whether to expand C as to model hardware or to make VHDL a subset of Ada”. Personally, I prefer using a powerful comprehensive language such as VHDL over Handle-C for instance. Don’t think that coding in Handle-C for instance will save you the agony of worrying about hardware issues. Example:
Code:
i++;	// valid Handel-C
j = i++;	// invalid Handel-C 
// as you can’t make more than one assignment per statement
To conclude, I would recommend that you give in and code in VHDL rather than messing up your brain by learning specific C coding methodology. The learning curve of VHDL, despite being significant, is more promising for your future use.

Cheers.

vhdl to c converter

hi
i heared about what u need. in SPARK project but not visual c (i think). so i advice to search in google whith this keywords [vhdl spark]

systemc to vhdl converter

How can I get catapult?

conversor de c em vhdl

the easiest method get catapult is to bring a somewhat large bag of gold to to someone at mentor.com

see
h**p://www.mentor.com/company/news/catapult_sl.cfm

c to vhdl

kaushiksangam said:
I think this link might be useful to you.
**broken link removed**

Also, you ca download the trial version from that link and play around with the tool.

must I buy a celoxica for synthesizing SystemC source when using
Aldec active HDL ? or Aldec active HDL can synthesize the systemC source code to RTL level such as VHDL, Verilog , or IDEF file ??

vhdl visuell

SystemC, which has been arround but failed to gain popularity. I bet its application is limited.

Basically RTL engineers translates C++ codes into Verilog/VHDL.

system c to vhdl converter

who have the Catapult C training?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.