Status
Not open for further replies.

cnm

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help needed to create an arbitrary load in ADS that has a reflection coefficient magnitude =1, so I can sweep the phase.

In other words, the normalized load is on the rim of the unit Smith chart.

Thank you!

Use "S1P_Eqn", "Z1P_Eqn" or "Y1P_Eqn" with equation describing impedance you want.
S1P Eqn to S6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center
Z1P Eqn to Z6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port Z-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center
Y1P Eqn to Y6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port Y-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center

If you never run transient analysis, you can use "Term" with equation describing impedance you want instead of "S1P_Eqn", "Z1P_Eqn" or "Y1P_Eqn".
Term (Port Impedance for S-parameters) - ADS 2009 - Agilent EEsof Documentation Center

For example,
if you use "Z1P_Eqn" or "Term", set Z[1,1] or Z like following.
Gamma=polar(rho, phase_deg)
Z0=50
Z[1,1]=Z0*(1+Gamma)/(1-Gamma)

if you use "S1P_Eqn", set S[1,1]=polar(rho, phase_deg) and Z[1]=50.

Last edited:
Thank you Pancho for the wonderful tips. It is indeed very helpful.

For Z1P_Eqn, I have to sweep from a small non-zero value to a number slightly less than 360 to get around the "divide by zero" error.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I did try all the options you suggested.

The impedance causality is very interesting...Do you have more background or basic info on the causality?

Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much for the very cool stuff, Pancho! learned something new today.

Touchstone File Format Specification Rev 1.1

Hi I suggest follow this link:

**broken link removed**

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…