Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arbitrary load in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnm

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help needed to create an arbitrary load in ADS that has a reflection coefficient magnitude =1, so I can sweep the phase.

In other words, the normalized load is on the rim of the unit Smith chart.

Thank you!

Use "S1P_Eqn", "Z1P_Eqn" or "Y1P_Eqn" with equation describing impedance you want.
S1P Eqn to S6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center
Z1P Eqn to Z6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port Z-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center
Y1P Eqn to Y6P Eqn (1- to 6-Port Y-parameters, Equation-Based) - ADS 2009 -*Agilent EEsof Documentation Center

If you never run transient analysis, you can use "Term" with equation describing impedance you want instead of "S1P_Eqn", "Z1P_Eqn" or "Y1P_Eqn".
Term (Port Impedance for S-parameters) - ADS 2009 - Agilent EEsof Documentation Center

For example,
if you use "Z1P_Eqn" or "Term", set Z[1,1] or Z like following.
Gamma=polar(rho, phase_deg)
Z0=50
Z[1,1]=Z0*(1+Gamma)/(1-Gamma)

if you use "S1P_Eqn", set S[1,1]=polar(rho, phase_deg) and Z[1]=50.

Last edited:
Thank you Pancho for the wonderful tips. It is indeed very helpful.

For Z1P_Eqn, I have to sweep from a small non-zero value to a number slightly less than 360 to get around the "divide by zero" error.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I did try all the options you suggested.

The impedance causality is very interesting...Do you have more background or basic info on the causality?

Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much for the very cool stuff, Pancho! learned something new today.

Touchstone File Format Specification Rev 1.1

Hi I suggest follow this link:

**broken link removed**

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back