Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

applications of vibratory gyroscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpith

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone plz help me wid dis... its urgent...
i want a detailed explanation of applications of vibratory gyroscope with the technology... how exactly its( vibratory gyroscope) bein used in navigational systems, anti-lock brake systems....

arpith said:
i want a detailed explanation of applications of vibratory gyroscope with the technology... how exactly its( vibratory gyroscope) bein used in navigational systems, anti-lock brake systems....

This may be of help to you.

https://www.nasatech.com/Briefs/Oct03/NPO30449.html

Mark me "helped me" if this is of some use to you.

Added after 43 seconds:

jiveshgovil said:
arpith said:

This may be of help to you.

h**p://www.nasatech.com/Briefs/Oct03/NPO30449.html

Mark me "helped me" if this is of some use to you.

Another useful link.

https://dataweek.co.za/news.aspx?pklNewsId=19303&pklIssueId=522

hi look this

Vibrating structure gyroscope

A vibrating structure gyroscope is a type of gyroscope that functions much like the halteres of insects. Miniaturized devices on this principle can be used as a relatively inexpensive type of Attitude indicator.

The physical principle is very simple: a vibrating object tends to keep vibrating in the same plane as its support is rotated. It is therefore much simpler and cheaper than is a conventional rotating gyroscope of similar accuracy.

In the engineering literature, this type of device is also known as a Coriolis vibratory gyro because as the plane of oscillation is rotated, the response detected by the transducer results from the coriolis term in its equations of motion ("Coriolis force").

Implementations

Piezoelectric gyroscope:
A piezoelectric crystal can be induced to vibrate, and lateral motion due to coriolis force can be measured to produce a signal related to the rate of rotation.

Wine glass resonator:
Also called a hemispherical resonant gyro. Hemisphere driven to resonance and nodal points measured to indicate rotation.

Tuning fork gyroscope:

A pair of test masses are driven to resonate and their displacement from the plane of oscillation is measured to produce a signal related to the rate of rotation.

Vibrating wheel gyroscope
A wheel is driven to rotate a fraction of a full turn about its axis. Tilt of the wheel is measured to produce a signal related to the rate of rotation.

MEMS gyroscope
Relatively inexpensive (around US$30 per part in quantity as of early 2006) vibrating structure gyroscopes using MEMS technology are available. These can be implemented as the tuning fork resonator, vibrating wheel or (planar) wine glass resonator.

Applications

Spacecraft orientation:

The oscillation can also be induced and controlled in the vibrating structure gyroscope for the positionning of spacecrafts such as Cassini-Huygens. Theses small Hemispherical Resonator Gyroscopes made of quartz operate in vacuum. They provide accurate 3 axis positioning of the spacecraft and are highly reliable over the years as they don't have any moving parts.

Automotive:

Automotive roll sensors can be built around vibrating structure gyroscopes. These can be used to detect rollovers, or to supply input to electronic stability control systems

arpith,
The "vibratory gyro" is more accurately called an angular rate sensor. For detailed information on a commercially available rate sensor, visit
h**p://www.systron.com/pro_QRS11.asp
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.