Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Apple Screen Power Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

estergon

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a 23 inch Apple Screen, which requires 24.5 V & 3.7 A power adapter. Power adapter doesn't work now and I checked the internet but couldn't find any on these specs.

I found same voltage power adapter but lower Amper value. Here is the link : AC Adapter for Apple Mac PowerBook G4 15" 17" 15.2": Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

If my question is not silly, can I buy 2 of them and make a parallel connection ? Will it help ?

Another point, I found one, which produces 24 V at 3.7 A. Do you think that 0.5 V difference makes problem ?

Thank you.

Another point, I found one, which produces 24 V at 3.7 A. Do you think that 0.5 V difference makes problem ?

I believe that you won't face any problem if you use this power adapter.
I had a Samsung LCD monitor with a defective adapter. The manual stated a 14V/3A power adapter. I used a 12V/4A spec SMPS output as the power source and it worked fine. At a lower input voltage the monitor will usually draw more current to meet the power requirement of the backlight power supply. The digital board inside the monitor will have a regulator at it's input so no worries there.
The current requirement (3.7A for your mointor) is usually overstated with some safety margin, so at 24V, the slight increase in current demand can still be met with the same current output but lower voltage adapter.

Regards

Hi,
If the Adapter you mentioned 24.0 Volts capable of delivering 3.7 Amps is an SMPS adapter you will have definitely no problem on working of your LCD, but if it is using a transformer for 24 V, it may give a little problem on very low input voltage. Try it confidently. :)

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your help. I will go for it.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.