Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Appearance in Allegro PCB Editor 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

almarto

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am testing PCB Editor 16.3 and have some problems with the appearance in my computer. My colleague has installed the same software in his computer and everything is running correctly. Please take a look at what is happening and give me some clues of what may happen. I have wasted a lot of time trying to solve it with no success until now. I don't know whether this is related to Windows configuration (I am using Windows 7-64bits) or I must modify any parameter in Cadence SPB 16.3 package configuration. I attach some pictures of what is happening in both computers.

What I get in my computer: I cannot select component by RefDes in the Place Manually menu: NO RADIO BUTTONS TO SELECT!

Place Manually - wrong appearance.jpg

This is what I see in my colleague's computer, as it should be in mine

Place Manually - right appearance.jpg

Similar case with User preferences menu:

What I see:

User preferences - wrong appearance.jpg

What it should be:

User preferences - right appearance.jpg

I have been stuck on this for some days and your help would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been able to solve it. Just in case somebody has a similar problem, please take a look at:

http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/16421/757222.aspx#757222

Dear all,

I am testing PCB Editor 16.3 and have some problems with the appearance in my computer. My colleague has installed the same software in his computer and everything is running correctly. Please take a look at what is happening and give me some clues of what may happen. I have wasted a lot of time trying to solve it with no success until now. I don't know whether this is related to Windows configuration (I am using Windows 7-64bits) or I must modify any parameter in Cadence SPB 16.3 package configuration. I attach some pictures of what is happening in both computers.

What I get in my computer: I cannot select component by RefDes in the Place Manually menu: NO RADIO BUTTONS TO SELECT!

Place Manually - wrong appearance.jpg

This is what I see in my colleague's computer, as it should be in mine

Place Manually - right appearance.jpg

Similar case with User preferences menu:

What I see:

User preferences - wrong appearance.jpg

What it should be:

User preferences - right appearance.jpg

I have been stuck on this for some days and your help would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been able to solve it. Just in case somebody has a similar problem, please take a look at:

http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/16421/757222.aspx#757222

try changing your PC systems resolution or using small icons in allegro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back