Status
Not open for further replies.

lteschler

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to ID this chip that is on an electronic toy but the SMD codes aren't coming up in any of the references I am aware of. Anybody have any ideas?

What circuit is it connected to? Is it an oscillator, a power supply, a protocol interface/level shifter? This will give us a clue of what it is for. Search different combinations of the lines, sometimes the IC code ocuppy two lines.

As it's a toy, it might be manufactured in china, and sometimes specific ICs used in this devices cannot be found so easily. Something I usually do is replacing the starting letters of the code, for example, an IC I used was TP4056, and when I search for it I find a LT4056 (from Linear Technologies) that does the same function... manufacturers will change these leters and probably more if they are chinese.

Hope being useful

Hi,

I failed to find anything trying different combinations on looking, but from where searching led me it may (and probably doesn't) come from a toy robot version of the pepper pot shaped droid, not the camp gold humanoid one, from a well-known science fiction saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…