Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know how to make a half pad in Altium Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoRibeiro

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone know how to make a half pad in Altium Designer? If exist one easy way, pls tell me. I will be glad!:grin:

Normal drilled hole, centred on the PCB edge, then when PCB is routed you get your concave pad...PCBs have to be routed though, not v-grooved etc.

Check with your PCB manufacturer first if it's possible to do this, many require holes to have a certain clearance from the PCB edge in which case placing a through hole pad on the board outline will result in a DRC error.

How do you create these sort of pads without doing the above, there is no clearance required to the edge of the board it is routed afterwards...that is how you get the concave pad, the design is plated then the board outline is routed to give you the half pads, any copper smear is cleaned up by the PCB manufacture.
I have done these sort of modules numerous time, and this is the way I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back